[MPlayer-users] Default buffer/cache sizes?

Eddie Pettis npettis at ecn.purdue.edu
Tue Jun 21 23:18:48 CEST 2005

I'm currently doing research using data buffers to facilitate dynamic
power management for mobile computers.  I'm using MPlayer for a lot of
my studies and have a couple of questions.

1.  What is the default video buffer size for playing a video from a
local storage device?  It looks like MPlayer is grabbing data one frame
at a time, putting it into a buffer, decoding it, and displaying it, but
I could use some verification.

2.  What is the default video cache size for streaming video over the
internet?  Is it dependent on data type?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.  For more details, our previously
published work is available at
https://engineering.purdue.edu/ResearchGroups/HELPS/papers/islped.pdf

--

Eddie Pettis