[MPlayer-users] Strange Subtitle Problem (Star Wars DVD)

Alexander Roalter roalter at cs.tum.edu
Thu Jun 16 20:33:08 CEST 2005

Reimar Döffinger wrote:
> Hi,
> On Thu, Jun 16, 2005 at 11:11:57AM +0200, Alexander Roalter wrote:
>
>>There should still be a file starwarssub2.vob in the incoming ftp
>>directory accompanied by a text file describing this problem. The
>>problem occurs with all the relases of mplayer so far (at least these
>>releases with built-in support for VOB subtitles ;-)
>

> Attached patch fixes it, but I don't know what it breaks (I own only one
> DVD, and that one (unfortunately *g*) is perfectly mastered in every
> aspect, so extremely bad for testing).

On this aspect I surely can help out, testing DVDs to all
aspects is my guilty pleasure :), although I never ever test the german
audio track. Therefore no need to replace the currently aquired SAW
Collector's Edition, which features only Mono sound on the german
soundtrack (though a 5.1 soundtrack is available, but someone at
mastering the DVD screwed up - this happens a lot more often than one
might think)

If the patch works I'll be able to tell only this night, still gotta
work 'til 10pm.

cheers,
Alex