[MPlayer-users] Regarding MPlayer scheduling

Debal Mridha debal.mridha at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 15:56:57 CEST 2005

Hi all
 I'm using Mplayer on top of LIVE as client. But sometime the time
difference between two consecutive socket reads is less than 1 ms and
sometime it is more than 200 ms. As a result  when i am streaming
movies above 7 mbps client could not handle it properly.
 Is it the problem of Mplayer scheduling?  How is the socket read
controlled at the MPlayer level?sync_video_packet() and
ds_fill_buffer()
 Actually i have poor knowledge about how does MPlayer work. So will
any one  plz help me and will say what are the functionalities of
sync_video_packet() and ds_fill_buffer()?
thanks
Debal