[MPlayer-users] matroska and mplayer

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski dominik at rangers.eu.org
Sat Jun 11 10:47:41 CEST 2005

Dear Anonymous,

On Saturday, 11 June 2005 at 10:09, anonymous user wrote:
> Have you got this error?
> it's with matroska file , real video

Never trim MPlayer output. We don't know what version you're using
and what options were specified. Always add -v to the command line
and then post the output. Have you read DOCS/fr/bugreports.html?

> Ouverture du d???codeur vid???o: [realvid] RealVideo decoder
> opening shared obj '/usr/local/lib/codecs/drvc.so'
> Couldn't open RealVideo codec, error code: 0x80070057
> Echec de l'initialisation de VDecoder :(
> Ouverture du d???codeur vid???o: [realvid] RealVideo decoder
> opening win32 dll 'drvc.dll'
> Error resolving symbols! (version incompatibility?)
> ERREUR: Impossible de trouver le codec DirectShow n???cessaire: drvc.dll
> Read the RealVideo section of the DOCS!
> Echec de l'initialisation de VDecoder :(
> Ouverture du d???codeur vid???o: [realvid] RealVideo decoder
> opening win32 dll 'drv43260.dll'
> Called unk__beginthreadex
> Couldn't open RealVideo codec, error code: 0x80070057
> Echec de l'initialisation de VDecoder :(
> Ouverture du d???codeur vid???o: [realvid] RealVideo decoder
> opening shared obj '/usr/local/lib/codecs/drvc.bundle/Contents/MacOS/drvc'
> Error: /usr/local/lib/codecs/drvc.bundle/Contents/MacOS/drvc: invalid
> ELF headeropening win32 dll 'drvc.bundle/Contents/MacOS/drvc'
> Error resolving symbols! (version incompatibility?)
> ERREUR: Impossible de trouver le codec DirectShow n???cessaire:
> drvc.bundle/Contents/MacOS/drvc
> Read the RealVideo section of the DOCS!
> Echec de l'initialisation de VDecoder :(
> Ne peut trouver codec pour format vid???o 0x30345652.
> Veuillez lire DOCS/HTML/fr/codecs.html !

Are you trying to use x86 codecs on PowerPC? This won't work.
Either way, you're missing RealVideo codec, hence the error.

> I think the problem it's the matroska file
> The problem arrive when the option in mkv are : default track active
> in video but when they aren't this option they aren't error
> it's a bug of mplayer or a bug of matroska decoder?

Could you, err... rephrase the above sentence? I'm not sure what
you meant.

Regards,
R.