[MPlayer-users] Subtitles in an avi file

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Sat Jun 11 02:05:28 CEST 2005

Roberto Togni wrote:

> On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 17:36:53 -0400 The Wanderer
> <inverseparadox at comcast.net> wrote:

[posting avisubdump somewhere on a permanent basis]
>>> That's a great idea. A lot of people don't like the idea of
>>> having a seperate file for subtitles, but refuse to use ogm, or
>>> something similar that actually supports this feature, and not
>>> this dirty hack.
>>
>> The question becomes where to post it, then, The obvious place
>> would be somewhere on the MPlayer site, but I'm not sure how
>> appropriate that would be, or how to do it properly, and I don't
>> have write access there anyway.
>
> We could put it in the TOOLS/ directory in MPlayer cvs if the author
> agrees.

That does seem appropriate. The author is Tobias Diedrich, who was
subscribed to at least MPlayer-dev-eng once upon a time; if he doesn't
speak up here in the next day or so, I'll assume he's no longer
subscribed and will try to contact him to ask about this.

I'm not positive that I didn't have to make some changes to get his code
to compile on my machine, but I can re-determine that one way or the
other if necessary; in any case, all the actual functionality is his.

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.