[MPlayer-users] audiodump and PCM subformats

vitko vitk0 at seznam.cz
Thu Jun 9 10:16:40 CEST 2005

This may be a bit off-topic here, but maybe someone can shed some light on
this problem:

I used to convert some RealAudio files to Ogg this way:

    mplayer -ao pcm some_ra_stream
    oggenc audiodump.wav

Today oggenc started to complain:

    $ oggenc audiodump.wav
    ERROR: Wav file is unsupported subformat (must be 8,16, or 24 bit PCM
    or floating point PCM
    ERROR: Input file "test.wav" is not a supported format

mplayer say following about audiodump.wav:

    $ mplayer audiodump.wav
    Playing audiodump.wav.
    Audio file detected.
    Opening audio decoder: [pcm] Uncompressed PCM audio decoder
    AUDIO: 22050 Hz, 1 ch, s16le, 352.8 kbit/100.00% (ratio: 44100->44100)
    Selected audio codec: [pcm] afm:pcm (Uncompressed PCM)

I'd be very grateful for any solution of this mystery.

Vit