[MPlayer-users] Bug in V4L support. Failing VIDIOC_G_STD crashes Mplayer

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski dominik at rangers.eu.org
Thu Jun 9 01:25:16 CEST 2005

On Wednesday, 08 June 2005 at 17:36, Jouni.Lohikoski at iki.fi wrote:
> Pwc webcam driver's V4L2 part does not support ioctl VIDIO_G_STD
> It cannot support it, because it doesn't support any of the video
> standards available in the table
> < http://v4l2spec.bytesex.org/spec/vidioc-enumstd.html#V4L2-STANDARD >
>
> It could return V4L2_STD_UNKNOWN though. But now the ioctl returns just
> EINVAL, and that makes Mplayer crash with SIGSEGV.
>
> $ mplayer -tv driver=v4l2:device=/dev/video1:fps=15:width=640:height=480
> tv://> MPlayer 1.0pre7-3.4.3 (C) 2000-2005 MPlayer Team
>
> open("/dev/video1", O_RDWR|O_LARGEFILE) = 3
> ioctl(3, VIDIOC_QUERYCAP or VT_OPENQRY, 0x86232a4) = 0
> ioctl(3, VIDIOC_G_FMT or VT_SENDSIG, 0x8623358) = 0
> ioctl(3, VIDIOC_G_STD, 0xbfffdff8)      = -1 EINVAL (Invalid argument)
> write(2, "v4l2: ioctl get standard failed:"..., 50v4l2: ioctl get standard failed: Invalid argument
> ) = 50
> --- SIGSEGV (Segmentation fault) @ 0 (0) ---
> +++ killed by SIGSEGV +++

A gdb session log would be even more useful. Have you read bugreports.html?

> Pre.Signature.
> MPlayer should have bugzilla.mplayerhq.hu,

It does. Bugzilla has been there for at least a year.

> so bugs would have a ticket
> number and would have some sense in fixing the bugs.
> Currently MPlayer
> crashes too often that I bet many, like me, do not even report them
> anymore or try to debug them.

Granted, it takes very long sometimes, but I assure you, no bugreports
(especially the ones following bugreports.html) are lost or forgotten.
We strive to squash all bugs and crashes are considered priority.

R.