[MPlayer-users] xvmc in MPEG4 Re: MPlayer-users Digest, Vol 18, Issue 11

Jouni.Lohikoski@iki.fi jlohikos at cc.hut.fi
Wed Jun 8 16:21:02 CEST 2005

>    6. Re: about -vo xvmc and -vc ffmpeg12mc, mplayer options (sinan ,)
> On 6/7/05, RC <rcooley at spamcop.net> wrote:
> > xvmc only works with MPEG-1/MPEG-2 videos.

Would it be difficult to make it work also for MPEG4?
Would some kind of transcoder codec change MPEG4-type of workload to
MPEG2-type and then use XVMC, and still save lots of CPU cycles ?

I am not expert in MPEG-encoding algorithms, but isn't there same kind
of IDCT and motion predicting done in MPEG2 and MPEG4 when decoding?

// jouni