[MPlayer-users] Format selection problems

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski dominik at rangers.eu.org
Sun Jun 5 20:56:27 CEST 2005

On Saturday, 04 June 2005 at 21:24, John McKee wrote:
> On http://www.npr.org/programs/scifri, there is a link to play the
> current program.  This link initiates a javascript to determine if the
> desired format is WMA or RA.  Currently, I have the mplayer plugin
> installed, in addition to mplayer.  When the plugin starts, it does not
> present anything.
>
> When I run Windows, the steam select question is presented, and I get to
> hear the stream.
>
> Is there any way to do this with either mplayer or the mplayer plugin?

If you go to http://www.npr.org/worldwide/ you can select WM or RM
manually and it'll try to download a .asx or .smil file. Try playing that
with -playlist. It works for me, although playing the Real Stream requires
LIVE.COM libs. Maybe you can submit this to mplayerplug-in authors to
provide support in future versions.

HTH,
R.