[MPlayer-users] [BUGREPORT] pullup/filmdint bugs when height/width %16 != 0

Rich Felker dalias at aerifal.cx
Sat Jul 30 16:03:40 CEST 2005

On Sat, Jul 30, 2005 at 04:57:43AM -0700, RC wrote:
> Wow.  I've actually gone 2 months without filing a bug report.
> Huzzah! Anyhow...
>
> pullup and filmdint really don't like videos where the dimentions are
> not exactly multiples of 16.  filmdint just badly distorts the edges,
> while pullup crashes mplayer entirely, before any output.
>
> Scaling the videos to dimentions that are multiples of 16 before
> inserting pullup or filmdint solves the problem.  Attached is all the
> debug info using pullup, in case it's useful.

The issue is not multiples of 16, but multiples of 4, and height only.
Interlaced 4:2:0 video must always have a height that's a multiple of
4; otherwise it's nonsense. Read the encoding guide if you don't
understand why.

I don't know why MPlayer crashes; pullup just returns error on
initialization if the height is bad.

Rich

P.S. About that scaling... I hope you're doing interlaced scaling. :)