[MPlayer-users] encoding realplayer audio only streams to mp3

RC rcooley at spamcop.net
Thu Jul 28 01:37:47 CEST 2005

On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 18:01:02 -0400
Giacomo Comes <comes at naic.edu> wrote:

> > And it still won't work.
>
> I tested it. It worked for me, and I don't see why it should not work.

Perhaps because mplayer adds several bytes to the output of -dumpaudio/-
dumpvideo when used on an AVI stream?  I always apply a patch to disable
that behavior, but most don't.

Perhaps because mencoder still won't encode a file without a video
stream, even if you specify -ovc frameno?

Unless you were using a source with video, and have a patched version
of mplayer, I don't know how you got that to work.