[MPlayer-users] [OT] AC3 vs. DTS

RC rcooley at spamcop.net
Thu Jul 28 01:14:39 CEST 2005

On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 11:59:29 -0400
Giacomo Comes <comes at naic.edu> wrote:

> I remember some months ago a "talk" on
> the list about somebody claming that DTS is better than
> Dolby and somebodyelse claiming that it was only
> propaganda.

Video is the weak-link on DVDs, and anything that reduces video quality
is very bad.  Some DVDs with AC3 look bad enough already (eg. Terminator
2). Adding DTS makes the problem much worse.

Even if you can hear the difference...  who wants slightly better
sound, at the expense of having much worse video?

(Yes, I have a few DTS DVD.  They look horrible.)