[MPlayer-users] Re: [-] Re: [-] Crop before deinterlacing OK?

RC rcooley at spamcop.net
Thu Jul 28 00:23:50 CEST 2005

On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 23:10:45 -0400
Rich Felker <dalias at aerifal.cx> wrote:

> > How about filmdint?  I don't like the deinterlacer it uses, so would
> > something like "filmdint=dint_thres=256,pp=lb" work reasonably well
> > (better than detc) for either interlaced or telecined content?
>
> I would expect so, yes. I haven't actually tried it.. maybe I'll
> experiment with it some and see.

Well, I've just been experimenting with filmdint for the past few days,
and it looks horrible...  A nice flickering effect during pans with
interlaced materials.

detc may not be perfect, but it's clearly far-less destructive than
filmdint.  I'm running some tests with the inverse telecine filters
(detc, ivtc, pullup, filmdint) to see which is the least destructive.