[MPlayer-users] Problems

Sebastian Krämer spambouncer at skraemer.de
Wed Jul 27 16:04:06 CEST 2005

On Wednesday 27 July 2005 11:41, Giulio Daprelà wrote:
> > I've tested one dvd with kplayer right away and video and audio played
> > just fine. Some mplayer features were missing of course (adjust pan-scan,
> > switch audio track..) but I can't confirm that the video stream isn't
> > working.. :-/
> >
> > Notice that kplayer is no official mplayer application. Maybe it's
> > something you should report at 'the other side'..
> >
> > Sebastian
>
> As I said in my first email, from the command line all works: all
> video formats that don't work with the graphic interfaces, from the
> command line work fine. Also the dvd work, but I haven't verified the
> selection of audio languages.

Sorry, I didn't read your first message that well it seems.. :(

> With Xine and the same dvd (Star Trek) I could access the menu and
> select the language I want, and it works, but this is the only
> advanteg of Xine, compared to Mplayer.

I think there was some discussion some time ago about strange -aid indices. I
myself had to try several on some dvds to find the one I was looking for.
I don't know why the gui (gmlayer) should have any more problems with it than
mplayer itself though (since you said it's working on the console).

> At this point I'll write to the developers of KPlayer, thank you for your
> help.

Can't hurt. ;)

> I wonder also if I must forget Gmplayer. Is there something I could
> try for this application?

As far as I know, gmplayer is unmaintained at the moment. :(

Sebastian