[MPlayer-users] Re: Crop before deinterlacing OK?

RC rcooley at spamcop.net
Sun Jul 24 22:30:43 CEST 2005

On Sun, 24 Jul 2005 07:59:58 -0400
Rich Felker <dalias at aerifal.cx> wrote:

> What do you mean by still images? Pausing during a high-motion scene?

Well, I was specifically talking about the images he posted, but yes,
pausing gives you the same thing.

> If so I mostly agree. By the way it's also worth noting that the
> ghosts from pp=lb probably compress very poorly.

Years ago I tried pp=lb vs. pp=md and was surprised how much better lb
compressed.

Just now I tried pp=lb vs. kerndeint and found pp=lb to produce 45%
smaller files (using vqscale=2) in a high-ghosting clip.  (Cue the
"lb halves the resolution" comments).