[MPlayer-users] Substitle issue with a few DVDs

Fabio Papa fn024607 at yahoo.it
Mon Jul 18 11:39:31 CEST 2005

> I think you are mixing a few things. There is the problem that some
> subtitles can't be selected from DVD (though I don't know why it doesn't
> even work with -vobsubid for you).
> And there is a different problem that sometimes only some subtitles are
> show, which should be fixed in latest CVS.
> I think the original poster was talking about the later one.
Hi,
what you say can be true, there could be 2 problems. What am I supposed
to do then, start a new thread or is it ok to continue here?

> Greetings,
> Reimar Döffinger
>
> P.S.: I always only buy the really cheap DVDs, but they unfortunately
> never seem to cause any problems with MPlayer, so I still don't have any
> samples to really test these things...
That doesn't seem to be the issue, since mplayer started to not show
the subtitles on DVDs where a few months back was working ok, so I don't
think it depends on the DVD. Besides, it shows the problem even in
rent dvds, these days. You could try one of those...

Or, as an alternative, I could work some tests out, if you suggest some...