[MPlayer-users] Substitle issue with a few DVDs

Ioan ioan123 at yahoo.fr
Mon Jul 18 01:44:37 CEST 2005

Dear All,

For a few DVDs (only a *few* of them), I have a
problem with mplayer's subtitles: subtitles will show
up for 1 or 2 sentences, no subtitles for a few
minutes, subtitles again for 1 or 2 sentence, no
subtitles for a few minutes, etc ...

Does anybody had this issue before? It happens for
example with the movie "Coach Carter". I tried w/ VLC
and subtitles are correctly output.

I downloaded the latest MPlayer and installed it on
Ubuntu.

Any help highly appreciated

Thank you

Ioan