[MPlayer-users] Re: [-] Question on converting to DivX4...

Matthias Wieser mwieser at gmx.de
Tue Jul 12 23:23:04 CEST 2005

Am Dienstag, 12. Juli 2005 05:02 schrieb RC:
> On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 14:40:11 +0200
>
> Matthias Wieser <mwieser at gmx.de> wrote:
> > What about "kerndeint"?
> > Kerndeint only deinterlaces when it is necessary.
>
> I've heard that, so I tried it out, and it deinterlaced the progressive
> DVD I was using for testing...

Maybe the threshold has to be adjusted slightly to work well with your
dvd.

> Visually, I don't find kerndeint to be any better than pp=md.

Urgs. pp=md produces blocks (width: 1 pixel,height: 2 pixel). Looks very
bad (IMO).

> I still prefer pp=lb.

Ok.

Do you have a TV card? You can use Tvtime to investigate how good
deinterlacers should look: TVtime has several deinterlacers, including
pp=lb (called "Blur: Temporal), pp=fd (Blur: Vertical), tfields
(Television: Full Resolution). Additionally tvtime includes high quality
deinterlacers (Motion adaptive: xzy).

Regards,
  Matthias