[MPlayer-users] Creating mp4 video with AAC audio

zikzak at tele2.fr zikzak at tele2.fr
Tue Jul 12 06:20:20 CEST 2005

On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 17:23:37 -0500
Kichigai Mentat <kichigai at comcast.net> wrote:

> On Jul 11, 2005, at 12.26, zikzak at tele2.fr wrote:
>
> > Hi !
> >
> > I would like to create a specific type of video with mencoder, can
> > you help me please ?
> Do you mean the container, or the codec?
> >
> > The following lines are the output of the type of videoI format I
> > need :
> >
> > Playing mp4sample_movie.mp4.
> > ISO: Unknown File Type Major Brand: MSNV
> > QuickTime/MOV file format detected.
> MEncoder cannot create QuickTime files. AVI isn't quite as good, but
> you can use other tools to create OGM and Matroska files, both of
> which are better.
> > --------------
> > MOV track #0: 298 chunks, 2228 samples
> > MOV: Found MPEG4 movie Elementary Stream Descriptor atom (67)!
> MEncoder can do MPEG-4 however. LAVC has an MPEG-4 output mode.
> > Image size: 240 x 176 (24 bpp)
> > Display size: 240 x 176
> > Fourcc: mp4v  Codec: ''
> > --------------
> > MOV track #1: 339 chunks, 3198 samples
> > Audio bits: 16  chans: 2  rate: 44100
> > MOV: Found MPEG4 audio Elementary Stream Descriptor atom (39)!
> > Fourcc: mp4a
> For MPEG-4 Audio (Also known as AAC) you need FAAC/FAAD. It's a free
> library for AAC decoding and I believe encoding. I'm not sure if
> MEncoder will output to AAC, but you can always encode the audio
> separately then mux it in later. I know that muxing with Matroska is
> no sweat.

Hi,

I thought that mencoder was working like ffmpeg, currently I use ffmpeg
to create the same format of file (codec relevant).
My question was about a hardware wich is only able to play this codec,
it is a player for an handhld device (GBA, NDS) called Play-Yan, I have
no other choice but to use Quicktime and AAC codecs.

Thank you for the information.
(sorry for my poor english).

Regards
--