[MPlayer-users] Mac

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski dominik at rangers.eu.org
Sat Jul 9 00:39:36 CEST 2005

On Friday, 08 July 2005 at 23:31, InCosmo at fastmail.fm wrote:
> Friends:
>
> I checked the Archive and did not find what I am looking for.
>
> I just copied MPlayer OSX and it does not play anything.

How can you tell it doesn't play anything? Where did you get it?
Did you compile it yourself or install some pre-built binary?

> Now, I realize on other platforms more MPlayer decoder installations
> are required, but I can not find any decoders for Mac.

Not entirely true. It depends on what you want to play, as some
codecs do not have their open-source implementations yet.

> Please either point me to the literature, or explain to me what the
> next step is.

Read the documentation included with the player. If it's not there (tell
us!), see http://mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/HTML/en/index.html .

Regards,
R.