[MPlayer-users] introducing DVD-to-DivX approach that fixes A/V sync problems

Joachim Jautz lists.mplayer-users at jay-jay.net
Mon Jul 4 20:06:20 CEST 2005

Hi Reimar,

On Mon, Jul 04, 2005 at 11:09:45AM +0200, Reimar Döffinger wrote:
> Hi,
> On Sun, Jul 03, 2005 at 07:35:00PM +0200, Joachim Jautz wrote:
> > After days of experimenting I finally came to the solution that
> > extracting the audio track to a wave file and then re-including it
> > while encoding is doing the trick (example follows below).
>
> Shouldn't -mc 0 -noskip have the same effect?

Maybe you're right. I know that I experimented with both of these
options (which did not help) but I cannot say for sure if I also
combined them.

> Also I would expect that this method will break some other
> DVDs...

Up to now, after working with this method for about one year, I
did not run into a single sync problem anymore. This success is
one of the reasons why I decided to publish this method, although
it has this `inofficial' touch by not following the tutorial in
the MPlayer documentation.

Joachim