[MPlayer-users] alsa-space? xrun?

Pandora mplayer at synx.dyndns.org
Mon Jul 4 08:09:53 CEST 2005

Reimar Döffinger wrote:
> Get a capable soundcard?
You mean there's sound cards that can have many apps writing to /dev/pcm
 and they all can play?  o.o  Regardless of alsa being aware of mixing
or not?  I never seen /that/ advertised before!  What would be on the
box of a sound card that supported this... transparent...mixey...thing?

> Anyway the real problem is that dmix seems to
> say to MPlayer "hey, I support any sample rate you through at me", but
> in reality plays the all with 48kHz. If you play a 32kHz audio with
> 48kHz you of course get the problem that your soundcard will run out of
> data very fast...
Yes I see that.  Well, at least it's working.  I should find some more
permanent place to publish the fix, like a wiki or something...