[MPlayer-users] mplayer: relocation error: /usr/lib/libavcodec-cvs.so

raid517 raid517 at ukonline.co.uk
Sat Jul 2 00:50:18 CEST 2005

Can anyone please help? My Mplayer has completely stopped working. Every
time I run it I get the following error

raid517 at linux1:~$ mplayer
mplayer: relocation error: /usr/lib/libavcodec-cvs.so: undefined symbol:
faacDecOpen
raid517 at linux1:~$

I think I dragged this bug in when I installed cinelerra - as I get an
identical error when I run this. However the cinelerra developers have
been unable to help.

I am running Debian Sid on a 2.6.11.7 kernel.

Please help. Linux without Mplayer simply makes no sense.

GJ