[MPlayer-users] MPlayer-1.0pre6a doesn't compile

Phil Phil.Oleynik at mail.ioffe.ru
Mon Jan 31 12:43:54 CET 2005

Torquil MacDonald Sørensen wrote:

> Greetings!
>
> MPlayer-1.0pre6a doesn't compile on a "Red Hat Enterprise Linux WS
> release 3 (Taroon Update 4)" system. CVS doesn't compile either. Does
> anybody know how to fix this?
>
> I have attached my configure.log and config.h

Hello!

Look at ./configure output. There might be some clue, possibly you do
not have
latest assembler compiler installed. It is possibly located in binutils
package, its name
is "as".

Run this command:
$as --version

You should see something alike:
GNU assembler 2.15

With 2.15 mplayer pre6[a] compiles fine on P-III. Cannot say anything
about P-IV, though.

Phil