[MPlayer-users] Dumpstream and ASF playback

intent intent at m-net.arbornet.org
Mon Jan 31 10:44:13 CET 2005

I captured mms://media.scctv.net/annenberg/French_in_Action_02.wmv with
mplayer -dumpstream built from latest CVS source. The stream seems to be
recorded fine. However, when I play it back the audio stream doesn't play
back correctly and the video freezes then will jump a couple of frames,
then
freeze again, then jump again, and so on. If I play the file with
-nosound,
the video plays back fine. If this is an audio driver problem I don't
understand why other videos will similar audio encoding playback without
issue. I suspect the stream dump isn't quite right or the files have been
encoded strangely. Any thoughts, suggestions, or workarounds?

Thanks.