[MPlayer-users] make errors

Thoralf Dassler thoralf.dassler at gmx.de
Fri Jan 28 11:51:15 CET 2005

Hi folks,

thanks for looking into this. I am not sure whether I am missing something
or whether I have a genuine problem. Here is what's happening, using
today's MPlayer release from CVS:

./configure --enable-menu
make

make[1]: *** [stream_vcd.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/home/dassler/downloads/mplayer/MPlayer-20050127/libmpdemux'
make: *** [libmpdemux/libmpdemux.a] Error 2

make stops

I used to run MPlayer v1.0pre5 on Slackware Linux 10 with the 2.4.26
kernel. Because some of my hardware broke, I got an ASUS A7V600-X, an
AMD Sempron 2500+ and some DDR RAM. I also upgraded to kernel 2.6.9.
There is an issue with my BIOS because the kernel applies a fixup during
boot.

Here is what I have tried with no effect:
1) downgrading to kernel 2.4.26
2) downgrading to MPlayer 1.0pre5

System configuration:
libc: 2.3.3