[MPlayer-users] Problem with "/usr/X11R6/lib/xscreensaver/atlantis -root &"

mplayerhq.hu at jamesplace.net mplayerhq.hu at jamesplace.net
Wed Jan 26 22:53:49 CET 2005

I used to run the following as a blatant waste of otherwise useful resources.
Mostly because I can and my M$ addicted friends can't.

I have not been able to since I upgraded to FC3 from FC2.

When I run the command:
/usr/X11R6/lib/xscreensaver/atlantis -root &

I get:
X error in atlantis:
X Error of failed request:  BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)
  Major opcode of failed request:  3 (X_GetWindowAttributes)
  Resource id in failed request:  0xe
  Serial number of failed request:  21

The same is true for Gallaxy which I would also run this way from time to
time.
/usr/X11R6/lib/xscreensaver/gallaxy -root &

X error in galaxy:
X Error of failed request:  BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)
  Major opcode of failed request:  3 (X_GetWindowAttributes)
  Resource id in failed request:  0xe
  Serial number of failed request:  21

Beyond that, for what it's worth (for those who care) I "nice" the thing to
about nothing and with my nvidia graphics card, the 3D stuff really doesn't
tax my machine at all.