[MPlayer-users] asf & wma

Vranckx Patrick vranckx at sgsi.ucl.ac.be
Wed Jan 26 12:55:13 CET 2005

Hi,

I have a question related to the differences between asf and wma files.

I "download" a radio broadcast using the -dumstream option and I'am able
to play the files : the codec used to play it is ffwmav2. This codec seems
to be the same as normal .wma files.
Unfortunately I'm unable to play it on my mp3player. I think the reason is
that there is no information about the duration of the file to play.
Is there a way to rewrite this kind of information without re-compressing
the file ( .asf -> .wav -> .wma ou .mp3) ?

Patrick

---
VRANCKX  Patrick   vranckx at sgsi.ucl.ac.be
Responsable des Infrastructures de Production
Universite Catholique de Louvain - UCL
+32 10 47 38 70