[MPlayer-users] X and VESA mode switching

Mark Lanett mlanett at wideray.com
Tue Jan 25 17:59:54 CET 2005

I have a system on which X is too slow to play video, so I've been using the
VESA driver for that. However, when mplayer exits it doesn't always reset
the video system properly, so things look like crap for a while until
mplayer is run again and resets the video correctly upon exit. X is using
the VESA driver as well.

Has this problem been observed before and are there ways around it? I can
provide details in a followup post although I suspect it's a generic sort of
problem.

TIA,
Mark Lanett