[MPlayer-users] RAR for Vobsub files

Stephen Leedle ml at secondimpact.de
Sun Jan 23 16:02:17 CET 2005

Hello!

I just wasted lots of time about getting MPlayer displaying the Vobsub
titles I created.

The problem is that MPlayer (most likely because of licence problems?)
does _not_ support RAR archives from RAR v3 and newer..

The thing I am complaining about is that MPlayer does not report the
vobsub archive was broken/corrupt or similar, it just omits the subtitle
playing with a message _similar_ to "Couldn't find vobsub *.ifo *.idx
*.sub".

What do YOu think, should MPlayer give an alternate message for more
convinience?

Greetings,
- Stephen

--
Rich people have precise clocks. Wise people have time.