[MPlayer-users] [BUGREPORT] MPlayer segfaults on MPEG1/2 in AVI with high framerate

RC rcooley at spamcop.net
Sat Jan 22 00:37:27 CET 2005

On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 16:10:23 -0500
D Richard Felker III <dalias at aerifal.cx> wrote:

> this is the exact same bug you've reported again and again.

I may have a one-line mention of it occasionally, but this is only the
second time I have ever reported it.  The first was a rather long
thread, with lots of unnecessary info, and a bug that wasn't conistently
reproducable with different sources.

It was also attributed to libmpeg2 v0.4x, which certainly makes the
problem worse at lower frame-rates, but is not the cause.

Besides that, it was nearly a year ago, and clearly forgotten.

> mencoder puts a zero-size frame at the beginning and then mplayer is
> so broken that the stupid hackish code to process mpeg2-in-avi crashes
> when the first frame isn't there.

And, what?  It's never going to be fixed by anyone, is that what you
are trying to say?  Segfaults in mplayer are okay now?