[MPlayer-users] [BUG] 1.0pre6 no more detects AVI audio streams

Matthew Mott matmott at btinternet.com
Fri Jan 21 16:47:08 CET 2005

Kotrla Vitezslav wrote:
<snip>

> What is your opinion? Have someone seen this before?
>
> Thanks for your comments.
>
> Vitezslav Kotrla

I have not seen this particular problem, but I can confirm that audio
track selection in 1.0pre6 is very strange. For example, on some DVDs it
tries to play DTS tracks even if DTS support is not compiled in (ROTK
Special DVD Edition R2), whereas on other DVDs (The Two Towers, Special
Edition R2) it ignores both the DTS track and the 5.1 AC3 track and
tries to play the 2.0 Dolby Surround track instead.

This can be overridden with various -aid options, but I think I will
stick with 1.0pre5 for the time being.

Matthew