[MPlayer-users] Pullup and ffmpeg glitches

RC rcooley at spamcop.net
Thu Jan 20 03:56:21 CET 2005

On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 10:53:41 -0500
D Richard Felker III <dalias at aerifal.cx> wrote:

> why are you putting mpeg2 into avi and then trying
> to encode from it afterwards?

Actually, I'm not encoding from it, I'm just dumping the video/audio
from the AVI (using mplayer), so I can multiplex them together.  This is
to make an SVCD.

> there's probably a better way to be doing what you want.

I've looked, I'm pretty sure there isn't any better way...

I've tried using -of rawvideo when encoding to mpeg2, then dumping the
audio from the source, but then I get nasty desync quite often.  -of
mpeg would be nice, but the old one is far too limited, and the new one
doesn't seem to be mature and bug-free yet.  And besides that, I can't
use -of mpeg because there's still a bug in toolame.  That reminds me, I
never reported that bug, I'll try to do that soon.

Outputting to AVI, then dumping the streams and using tcmplex, hasn't
caused any desync yet, and until the libmpeg2 upgrade, everything was
working perfectly.