[MPlayer-users] Pullup and ffmpeg glitches

RC rcooley at spamcop.net
Fri Jan 14 22:22:55 CET 2005

Pullup doesn't work well with MPEG-2 streams, when decoded with
-vfm ffmpeg (instead of libmpeg2).  In some places, I will see
a few colored blocks that don't belong.  In other places, I'll see 60%
of the screen covered with these blocks, sometimes for several frames in
a row, and multiple times even in short files.

I've uploaded a very small file to incoming/
"pullup-ffmpeg-glitches.mpg"  which will demonstrate the problem.
You'll see many out-of-place blocks when using ffmpeg and pullup
together.

If you are wondering, I can't use libmpeg2 because (the new 0.4x
version) creates unplayable files when encoding to MPEG-1/2 in AVI (as
I've reported previously).