[MPlayer-users] Best way to cut and encode a TS movie?

Steven M. Schultz sms at 2BSD.COM
Thu Jan 13 22:46:20 CET 2005

On Thu, 13 Jan 2005, Josef Wolf wrote:

> I have some movies in TS format (recorded from DVB-S).  I would like to
> cut (get rid of advertisements, find proper start/end) and encode them
> to divx.  I wonder what would be the best way to do this task.  I have

	ProjectX

http://www.lucike.info/index.htm?http://www.lucike.info/page_projectx.htm

	I use that program a lot to cut the TS streams (both HD and SD)
	captured via IEEE1394 from a receiver.  I usually use ProjectX to
	cut and demux into elementary (.m2v and .ac3) streams for use in
	dvdauthoring but you could also recode the video into mpeg-4

	Cheers,
	Steven Schultz