[MPlayer-users] Hauppauge WinTV PVR 2 (USB) MPEG2

RC rcooley at spamcop.net
Wed Jan 12 16:52:35 CET 2005

On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 22:47:25 -0500 (EST)
"Roger" <roger at eskimo.com> wrote:

> Now, when I use mplayer to view /dev/v4l/video0 directly I get nothing
> but a blank square window and this.
>
> (Approx. command line switches used)
> $ mplayer -tv driver=v4l2:input=1:normid=4 tv://

The IVTV driver does not provide an interface that is the same as RAW TV
tuner cards.  In other words, "mplayer tv://" will not work.  You should
be using the device as the source file, eg "mplayer /dev/v4l/video0".

Of course, this does not allow you to use MPlayer to change the channels
directly.  You'll have to run one of the ivtv channel-changing programs
manually (or bind it to a keyboard/remote button to make it easier).