[MPlayer-users] Checking movies for errors

Farrell Farahbod upgrdman at mindspring.com
Wed Jan 12 11:22:25 CET 2005

Is there a way to ask mplayer to scan a .vob, and tell me if there's a
broken part. By broken, I mean where it skips or has corruption.

I have a DVD that I ripped with "mplayer dvd://1 -dumpstream -dumpfile
blah.vob" and my DVD is scratched a bit, so half way through the movie,
it skips like 2 minutes of the movie. My friend has the same DVD so I'm
going to try ripping his DVD as well. The problem is that I don't want
to watch the entire movie again to make sure there are no problems on
his disk.

Any ideas?
--
Farrell Farahbod <upgrdman at mindspring.com>