[MPlayer-users] Crash with arts and settings

Thomas Müller lists at elfstone.de
Tue Jan 11 11:41:41 CET 2005

Hi, im not very familiar with mplayer, but as far as i've seen this bug hasnt
been reportet yet.

I use Suse 9.2, Kde 3.3.2, alsa sound and arts sound-demon.

When i install mplayer it was set to alsa, which worked, but i had some
trouble adjusting the loudeness, so i switched to arts-output-plugin.

When i start gmplayer alone i can enter the settings and change verything.
When i start gmplayer with a movie, or start a movie after starting mplayer
and then click on settings, it crashes.
I get no errors at all, the window simply disapears, gmplayer quits.

I had the same problem with Pre5 and Pre6. If you want i can try to compile
with --debug and post further logs.

Greets,
Thomas