[MPlayer-users] DVD lengths reported as 0 in pre6

Ben Nemec nemebe01 at luther.edu
Sun Jan 9 09:08:46 CET 2005

Hi,
   I've recently discovered that in 1.0pre6a MPlayer reports the lengths of
some DVD tracks as 0, while in earlier versions I got a too-short but
non-zero value.  Unfortunately this has also caused problems with seeking for
me, as seeking to an absolute value doesn't work at all and seeking to a
percent definitely is not working right either.  I don't see any particular
pattern to which tracks I'm having trouble with.  On the same disc, one track
shows up just fine and the next reports a length of 0.  However, if a track
shows up as 0, it always shows up as zero and if it has a time it always has
a time.

Has anyone else run into this and reported it?  If not I'll submit a full bug
report (if that's what it is).

-Ben