[MPlayer-users] linuxppc: real media & fullscreen on console

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Wed Jan 5 20:09:50 CET 2005

Hi,
On Wed, Jan 05, 2005 at 04:45:10PM +0800, William Xuuu wrote:
> 1. real media: i've downloaded rp8codecs-ppc-20040626.tar.bz2 from the
> homepage.

Better download from the MPlayer homepage.

> But when playing a foo.rm, there is only sound, no video. The errors are
> listed behind.

You must have support for real binary codecs compiled in, e.g. by
installing them before doing ./configure if you compile yourself.
This really should be added to the FAQ...

> 2. fullscreen on console: I tried '-vo directfb -fs' option, it was too
> slow, then
> '-vo cvidix -fs',  not fullscreen actually, then '-vo fbdev2 -fs', it
> won't work at all.

For vos that can't do hardwarescaling you need to add -zoom, but that
will be slow...
It -vo cvidix -fs should work - although I had problems when not using
default text video mode...

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger