[MPlayer-users] New mpeg muxer - update

Nico Sabbi nsabbi at tiscali.it
Tue Jan 4 00:04:41 CET 2005

Hi,
this new version of the mpeg muxer contains radical changes respect
to the last version I posted, and the code underwent serious bugfixes
and cleanup.

fixed:
-some serious bugs in the pts/dts assignment
-xsvcd is working (xvcd is not yet)
-restored the system headers insertion of the old muxer when
format=mpeg1 or mpeg2
-works correctly with variable framerate video
-added a disgusting kludge to handle temp_ref wraparounds in the video
stream;
the description of the problem and the crappy solution are in fix_pts();
any better solution is welcome

removed:
-options use_ppts and use_bpts

added:
-option tsaf to force insertion of timestamps on all frames (when possible)
-option skip_padding to remove padding at the end of packs and consequently
reduce the file size; only useful for format=mpeg[12]; if used with
format=dvd/xsvcd/xvcd
the resulting file ***won't*** be compatible.

Andrji, I'm waiting for your opinion before posting the patch to -dev-eng.
If you don't like how the code is indented, please tell me what
indentation style you want
(although I don't like yours).

    Nico