[MPlayer-users] Recipe FAQ

Brian briandt at shaw.ca
Mon Jan 3 17:04:47 CET 2005

Hi:

I am having a hard time getting great results converting Buffy the Vampire
Slayer season DVDs converted to AVIs.

When playing the AVI, there are always errors:

[mpeg4 @ 0x8529320]slice end not reached but screenspace end (437 left 45CF35,
score= -38056)
[mpeg4 @ 0x8529320]concealing 2147483647 errors
[mpeg4 @ 0x8529320]slice end not reached but screenspace end (3 left A00000,
score= -45637)
[mpeg4 @ 0x8529320]concealing 2147483647 errors
[mpeg4 @ 0x8529320]Error at MB: 1990.089  56845/56845  60%  0%  4.8% 473 0 49%
[mpeg4 @ 0x8529320]concealing 2147483647 errors
[mpeg4 @ 0x8529320]Error at MB: 1990.167  56846/56846  56%  1%  4.9% 0 0 59%9%
[mpeg4 @ 0x8529320]concealing 2147483647 errors
[mpeg4 @ 0x8529320]slice end not reached but screenspace end (1298 left
0C6FC3,score= -48984)
[mpeg4 @ 0x8529320]concealing 2147483647 errors
[mpeg4 @ 0x8529320]concealing 3 errors74  63390/63390  58%  0%  4.6% 27 0 49%
[mpeg4 @ 0x8529320]slice end not reached but screenspace end (218 left D87F1F,
score= -54934)
[mpeg4 @ 0x8529320]concealing 2147483647 errors
[mpeg4 @ 0x8529320]concealing 36 errors6  67600/67600  59%  0%  4.6% 27 0 49%
A:2694.6 V:2694.6 A-V:  0.023 ct:  0.170  80758/80758  59%  0%  4.6% 42 0 0%%

I don't have a clue what any of that means.

During encoding I get a lot of FPS speed changes - I am guessing that is to
screw up recording to VHS but what is the best solution for encoding AVIs?

Further, there always appears at least one major flaw in every AVI I build - a
single image or something that shows large blocks missing or blacked out.

I am running Pre6a on an AMD 2400+ with 500meg DDR and Slackware 10.

Can anybody recommend a recipe for Buffy - has anybody compiled the definitive
recipe FAQ for different types of recording - NTSC progressive, cartoons, B&W
classics, action movies, whatever for mencoder?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Brian
Vancouver, BC  Canada