[MPlayer-users] Mencoder: Changing frame rate (RealMedia to vcd)

Giacomo Comes comes at naic.edu
Sat Jan 1 16:32:14 CET 2005

On Fri, Dec 31, 2004 at 10:49:31AM -0800, Bill Moseley wrote:
> Stabbing around in the dark, I used this to convert a Real Media file
> into a vcd.  It works, but I'm not so sure I'm doing things the right
> way.  Here's all the commands in case I'm doing something incorrectly:
>

>    mencoder  -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg1video \
>              -oac lavc -lavcopts acodec=mp2 \
>              input.rm
>
>    transcode -i test.avi -Z fast --export_prof vcd-ntsc -o temp
>    mplex -f 1 -o vcd.mpg temp.m1v temp.mpa
>    vcdimager vcd.mpg
>    cdrdao write --device /dev/cdr video.cue

If you just need a tool that does all the previous steps and more and you don't worry
to know all the details, then encode2mpeg is what you need.

just:
	encode2mpeg -o MYREAL -n n input.rm -encode 2 --device /dev/cdr
will take care of everything and burn a VCD with your converted Real Media file.
If you need help, just ask.

See: http://encode2mpeg.sourceforge.net/

Giacomo