[MPlayer-users] [RFE] live mixing with external audio track

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski dominik at rangers.eu.org
Sun Feb 27 22:22:24 CET 2005

Hi.

A friend of mine has a specific need for a feature:

Let's say we have a movie in some language and we have a separate audio
track with a translation. For legal reasons, we cannot distribute the
movie file itself, but we can distribute the translated track. Now the
translation is not a full dubbing, only a voiceover, so we can't just use
-audiofile. We need a way to mix the voiceover and the original, possible
making the original quieter (by user-specified amount of dBs).

Does that sound feasible?

Regards,
R.