[MPlayer-users] full screen

RC rcooley at spamcop.net
Tue Feb 22 05:57:26 CET 2005

On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 22:50:17 -0500
Erik Kjær Pedersen <erik at binghamton.edu> wrote:

> with mplayer from on my computer I can enlarge to get fullscreen
> playing, but on my laptop the image stays the same size, just
> surrounded by black. Does somebody know why that is?

Some video-output drivers ("-vo") support hardware scaling, and some
don't.

xv or xvidix should support hardware scaling, so try those first.  If
they don't work with your card/driver, you can use "-zoom" on your
mplayer command-line to get software scaling with other drivers, but
that uses up a lot of CPU power.

"mplayer -vo help" for a list of possible drivers.