[MPlayer-users] Dumping parts of the soundtrack.

Todor Boev t_boev at prosyst.bg
Fri Feb 18 10:22:00 CET 2005

Hello all,
Is thre a way to dump specified parts of a movie soundtrack to a file?
I tried entering the specified part in the EDL file and than play the
movie like this:

mplayer -edl mine.edl -dumpaudio -dumpfile sound.mp3

Unfortunately this dumped the entire movie soundtrack. When playing
without the -dumpaudio option the EDL file is processed correctly i.e.
mplayer jumps straght at the desired piece of the movie and plays only it.

I'm using a home-built MPlayer v1.0pre6a

Regards,
Todor