[MPlayer-users] SSA in mkv with \N\N

Robert Henney robh at rut.org
Wed Feb 16 21:05:17 CET 2005

On Mon, Feb 14, 2005 at 08:27:40PM -0500, Robert Henney wrote:
> I'm not sure if doubling up line terminators in SSA is legal,
> but I've noticed that mplayer appears to only count the
> first \N encountered as a line terminator when two are placed
> together.  eg. "line1\N\Nline3" will display:

Here's the fix.  Not a diff patch right now, sorry, but will probably
submit one soon.

In libmpdemux/demux_mkv.c, on line 2586, change that "if" to "while".

Also, I found it beneficial to increase the define for SUB_MAX_TEXT
(subreader.h, line 32) from 10 to something larger, such as 14. Some
subtitle scripts attempt to place more than 10 lines on the
screen at a time (such as during the credits), and when that happens
none of them would be displayed because exceeding SUB_MAX_TEXT will
force the whole portion to be considered invalid.

--
robh