[MPlayer-users] Fwd: VMware 5 codec

RC rcooley at spamcop.net
Fri Feb 11 09:57:11 CET 2005

On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 13:24:10 +0100
"Thorsten Schloesser" <tschloesser at maintainet.de> wrote:

> Searching the net I found a note for GENTO Linux telling to edit the
> file codecs.conf, but there is no such file.

codecs.conf is available in the MPlayer source tarball under "etc/".
You need to copy it to your mplayer global conf directory, or just
"$HOME/.mplayer/" for a single user, to have mplayer use it.

Then you can edit it to tell it which files to play with that DLL.

DLLs don't always just work with mplayer, many need some patching of the
loader or they will segfault.