[MPlayer-users] Trouble playing rmvb files

John Fettig john.fettig at gmail.com
Sat Feb 5 23:05:17 CET 2005

I am having trouble playing rmvb files, and it seems to be related to
this thread:

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.video.mplayer.devel/21211

If I understand correctly, the rmvb file I am playing (available upon
request) is changing size about 20 seconds into the clip, and mplayer
does not adjust accordingly.  This produces garbage video after the 20
second mark, while the audio is still fine.

I have applied the patch that Robert Togni uploaded, and the window
changes size, but the video is still not playing properly.  Does
anybody have any suggestions?  Any developers interested in tackling
this?  I have tried both the 1.0pre6 and CVS snapshot, neither work.

Thanks,
John