[MPlayer-users] Re: Mplayer & DD5.1 via SPDIF - I have only DD2.0: why ?

RC rcooley at spamcop.net
Thu Dec 29 20:25:35 CET 2005

On Wed, 28 Dec 2005 13:07:38 -0500
The Wanderer <inverseparadox at comcast.net> wrote:

> The primary MPlayer config file (that I know of) is
> "~/.mplayer/config". Certainly that seems to be the only one mentioned
> in the docs. If your version of MPlayer uses
> "/etc/mplayer/mplayer.config" (which, by the way, does not even exist
> on my system), then it has probably been modified by whoever
> distributed it, and is almost certainly not supported here.

MPlayer uses /usr/local as the default prefix (so the system-wide
config is /usr/local/etc/mplayer/mplayer.conf), but if you want mplayer
to install in /usr, you would also put your config directory under
/etc, as is the case here.  It's perfectly valid, it's just a
case of per-user vs. system-wide config files.